Where Do You Get All Those Coupons????
- SUNDAY NEWSPAPER: The Sunday paper contains manufacturer coupon inserts. There are anywhere from 1-5 inserts in each paper. I get three Columbus Dispatches delivered to my house and, if the coupons are good, I go buy 3 more! There are 6 in my family, so 6 papers means I can buy six of a good deal, everyone gets his or her own, and there is a little more peace in my world.
- MAGAZINES: There are several magazines that have at least a few mfg. coupons in them. My favorite magazine is All You Magazine. This has a ton of coupons every month plus lots of other money saving tips and receipies. It is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart or you can get a subscription (usually much cheaper). I have two subscriptions delivered to my home.
- STORE COUPONS: Many stores (Wags, CVS, RA, even Kroger) offer their own Store Coupons. These print in store, come in the mail, can be printed on their website, or loaded to your loyalty card.
- COMPANY WEBSITE / FREE SAMPLES: When you see a link for a free sample, keep in mind that the free sample is generally accompanied by a high value coupon! Also, you can call or email companies and let them know how much you like their product and request a coupon.
- FACEBOOK: There are an abundance of companies now on Facebook. Look around and like your favorites to be alerted when new coupons become available.
- COUPON CLIPPING SERVICES: There are mixed opinions on using these services, but could possible be a way to get more coupons without buying your weight in newspapers! Check the internet or EBay to find these services. You will pay a clipping or processing fee and maybe a little shipping to receive just the coupons you are looking for. Note: It is illegal to buy or sell coupons! These sites are selling their time and clipping service only.
- PRINTABLE COUPONS: Coupons.com, SmartSource and RedPlum all offer a variety of coupons that you can print right from your computer. New coupons are added throughout the month and reset at the beginning of each month. You are usually limited to two prints per coupon.
- COUPON BLINKIE MACHINES / TEARPADS / PEELIES / HANGTAGS: These are all mfg. coupons found in the stores either in a little red machine, on a tearpad or directly on the product package. While it is not illegal, I strongly discourage taking all coupons out of the machine, the entire tearpad, or all the peelies or hangtags without buying the product. I encourage coupons etiquette, and that’s just rude!
- CATALINAS: These are coupons that print at the register and are handed to you with your receipt. They may be store coupons or manufacturer coupons.
- DOWNLADABLE E-COUPONS: Several companies such as Cellfire and ShortCuts.com have eCoupons that can be loaded right to your store loyalty cards. Other sites such as UPromise and SavingStar have eCoupons that do not deduct from your total at checkout, but at that amount to an on-line savings account.
- COUPON DATABASE: This is a feature on Saving The Piggy that will help you find current coupons for the items on your shopping list. Here you can search all types of available coupons and discover where to find them!
Now that you know where to finds them, go get some coupons and start Saving the Piggy!